Kabood mosque is also known as blue or Goy mosque. According to the inscription on the entrance of the mosque, it was built in 870 AH (1465 AD). The variety, elegance and beauty of the tile works, the use of beautiful colors and intricate calligraphy are great. This mosque has been known as “Turquoise of Islam” because of blue majolica tiles.
The mosque has a square courtyard with a pond for ablutions located in it. There are also some naves as shelters for the poor, or studying. The massive dome of this mosque is one of the greatest brick structure that was built by The Ilkhanate architects. Weight division of the dome on its several pillars, which can easily be seen from inside is one of the greatest artistic achievements by Iranian architects that dates back to Sassanian Empire.